- 1992-93 Mankato State (Minn.), Graduate Assistant
- 1994-95 Wittenberg (Ohio), Linebackers
- 1996-97 Millikin (Ill.), Defensive Coordinator/DBs
- 1998-99 Eastern Michigan, Linebackers
- 2000-02 Grand Valley State, DBs/Outside Linebackers
- 2003 Grand Valley State, Defensive Coordinator/DBs
- 2004-09 Grand Valley State, Head Coach
- 2010 Notre Dame, Defensive Backs/Recruiting
- 2011 Notre Dame, Safeties/Recruiting
- 2012-13 Notre Dame, Offensive Coordinator/QBs
- 2013 Miami University Head Coach
“Miami University made an excellent decision to hire Chuck Martin as its head football coach. He is an outstanding coach, and most importantly, a better person. Chuck was a vital part of this program’s success over the last four seasons, which included four bowl games and last year’s run to the BCS National Championship game. He has provided tremendous leadership within a variety of roles over his career. Chuck has longstanding success as an assistant coach, coordinator and head coach, and will recruit with anyone in the country.”
- 1995 Wittenberg (Ohio) Division III First Round
- 2001 Grand Valley State Division II National Finalist
- 2002 Grand Valley State Division II National Champions
- 2003 Grand Valley State Division II National Champions
- 2004 Grand Valley State Division II Regional
- 2005 Grand Valley State Division II National Champions
- 2006 Grand Valley State Division II National Champions
- 2007 Grand Valley State Division II Semifinal
- 2008 Grand Valley State Division II Regional
- 2009 Grand Valley State Division II National Finalist
- 2010 Notre Dame Sun Bowl
- 2011 Notre Dame Champs Sports Bowl
- 2012 Notre Dame BCS National Championship Game
Chuck Martin was named the 36th head football coach in Miami history on Dec. 3, 2013.
Martin, who has more than 20 years of collegiate coaching experience, brings six years of head coaching experience to the RedHawk program. He has twice been named the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) National Coach of the Year, earning the honor in 2005 and 2006, and has coached in seven national championship games in the past 13 seasons.
Of those seven national championship game appearances, he has been a part of four national championship wins, with two titles under his direction as head coach/offensive coordinator and one as a defensive coordinator.
Martin spent the past four seasons at Notre Dame, serving as the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach (2012-13) and defensive backs/recruiting coordinator (2010-11). In 2012, he orchestrated an offense that played in the BCS National Championship game versus Alabama.
Prior to arriving in South Bend, Martin was head coach and offensive coordinator for Grand Valley State University from 2004-2009 and compiled a 74-7 (.914) record, including an impressive 16-4 record in the NCAA Division II Playoffs. He and the Lakers won back-to-back national championships in 2005 and 2006 and finished runner-up in 2009.
Prior to arriving in Allendale, Mich., Martin spent time at Eastern Michigan (1998-1999, linebackers), Millikin University (1996-97, defensive coordinator/defensive backs), Wittenberg University (1994-95, linebackers) and Mankato State University (1992-93, graduate assistant/linebackers).
While attending Millikin (1986-90), Martin was an All-American safety and was selected as a GTE Academic All-American. He doubled as an All-American place kicker, received Academic All-District honors for the Millikin baseball team and was inducted into the Millikin Hall of Fame in 2008.
He graduated in 1990 with a degree in accounting and earned his master’s degree in physical education from Mankato State University in 1993. Martin and his wife Dulcie have two children, Max, 13 and Emma, 9.